Due to COVID-19 we are encouraging "mail-in" Notary Renewals. If you are WITHIN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO the expiration date of your Notary, complete a renewal application.
NOTE: Only out-of-state residents may apply in their county of employment; Georgia residents may only apply in their county of residence. Georgia notaries public may perform notarial acts anywhere within the State of Georgia.
Chatham County Residents ONLY:
- Go to Online Notary Application, select Chatham County; complete validation and then select Mail-In Renewal Application; complete all relevant fields; and print the application and three (3) certificates.
- Include a copy of one of the following as proof of Chatham County Residency:
- Current Driver’s License
- GA Identification Card
- Voter Identification Card
- Chatham County Deed
- Chatham County Gun Permit License
- Complete all steps including payment and mail the following documents:
- The Renewal Application
- Three (3) certificates, and
- Copy of proof of residency
Notary Fee: New or Renewal — $51